Coimbatore DIG Suicide: Everything was fine then why did he commit suicide?

DIG Vijay kumar

Coimbatore DIG Suicide: Coimbatore Range DIG C. Vijay Kumar in Tamil Nadu had attended a birthday party with his wife and daughter on Thursday night before his death. It is being told that his Friday morning routine was also quite normal. In such a situation, why did he suddenly shoot himself, now many questions are being raised.

According to media reports, nothing unusual was found at Vijayakumar’s residence on Friday morning as well. However, according to officials, he was undergoing treatment for depression for the last few months. Meanwhile, an officer had found him somewhat disturbed. Explain that the police said that Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) of Coimbatore range C. Vijayakumar allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself on Friday.

It is suspected that DIG C Vijay Kumar shot himself with his service pistol at his Red Fields residence in the city, a senior police officer said. Vijay Kumar, a 2009 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, was around 45 years old.

Vijay Kumar usually checked the daily reports (DSR) of the districts under him at 7 am. On Friday also he had checked the DSR at around 6.30 am. After this he went to the place where his PSO’s pistol was kept. Kumar picked him up, walked towards the verandah of his camp office and allegedly shot himself. Kumar’s wife and their daughter, with the help of policemen, took him to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead.

What did the police commissioner say: Coimbatore City Police Commissioner V. Balakrishnan told ‘PTI-Bhasha’, ‘The incident of death was sudden. There is nothing that seems unusual about the officer. He had previously worked under me. He was a good officer. ADGP (Law and Order) A. Citing preliminary findings, Arun told reporters in Coimbatore that Kumar was under treatment for depression for the past few years.

Arun said, ‘I have spoken to the doctor treating him (Vijay Kumar) who shared this information. Due to mental stress, he consulted a doctor four days ago and was given different medicines.

On Thursday afternoon, the Inspector General of Police had asked Kumar if he had any problem as he looked a bit upset. According to the source, Kumar had said that despite taking the pills, he could not sleep well at night. Senior officers who worked with Kumar were aware that the senior officer had ongoing mental health treatment for several years.
(Language)/Edited By navin rangiyal

Leave a Comment